I tend to use the most current release of Git, and had to install it on a new Lenny server today.
These are the steps required to do so:
- wget http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-220.127.116.11.tar.gz
- tar -xzvf git-18.104.22.168.tar.gz
- cd git-22.214.171.124.tar.gz
- sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r` libssl-dev curl libcurl4-openssl-dev libexpat1-dev tcl
- make prefix=/usr/local/ all
- make prefix=/usr/local/ install
One thought on “Installing Git from source on Debian Lenny”
Worked like a charm and saved me a lot of time. Thanks!